- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: +1 (650) 495-2402
Collection of Information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, including when you contact us with questions or comments, and when you use our Offerings. We do not collect, save or store any Personal Information from visitors to our Site or those who download our Apps but do not connect the Apps to any of our Products or to any account with us.
When you purchase any of our Products through our Site, we require that you provide, and we collect and process, the following Personally Identifiable Information:
- Your first and last name;
- Your company name (if you are purchasing Products on behalf of your company);
- Your physical address;
- Your payment information (credit card type, number, expiration date and CVV);
- Your telephone number; and
- Your email address.
If you use a third party installer who is certified and approved by us to install our Products, we may collect geographic information on the site of the installation of our Products and any relevant information that you provide to that third party installer. If you use a third party installer who is not certified and approved by us, we may request information from you concerning the geographic location of your Product(s) and other information, but you are free to provide or not provide such information to us.
Once installed, our Products collect and store certain power generation and usage data regarding the performance of our Products, including total energy consumed, energy generated, energy consumed by appliance, time of usage of that appliance and wind speed. We collect and process this information as well.
Our Apps compliment our Products and allow you to view information generated by our Products. Additionally, our Apps may collect the following information, which may be Personally Identifiable Information or may be combined with other Personally Identifiable Information:
- Energy Consumption. Our Apps collect and display information generated by our Products that you are using about your energy consumption and the cost of the energy consumed by you.
- Products in the Area. Our Apps will detect and display to you which of our Products are present and active in your geographic location.
- Usage Information. We may collect certain details about your access to and use of our Apps, including your preferences, settings, the features of our Apps, your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access dates and times, App crashes and browser type.
Device Information. We may collect information about your computer and/or mobile device that you use to access our Apps, including the model, operating system and version, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information That We Collect
We may collect information from you that does not identify you personally (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”) automatically using Cookies (defined below) when you visit our Site, use our Offerings and when you or a third party provides it to us.
“Cookies” are small pieces of data stored on an internet browser that collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about the activity of the person using the browser.
Use of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- Respond to your inquiries and send you information about our Offerings and updates to our Offerings;
- Set up and authenticate any of our Products that you purchase and install and provide you with support and ongoing access to any of our Products that you purchase;
- Provide, maintain, optimize and improve our Offerings, including, without limitation, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Offerings, address software errors, provide support that you request, develop new features and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you, process and respond to your inquiries and requests and provide you with promotional messages and information about our Offerings and changes to our policies;
- Track your use of our Products and provide you with personally relevant recommendations; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our Terms of Service or be illegal.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you without restriction and for any purposes that we may deem appropriate. We may use your Non-Personally Identifiable Information to improve our Offerings and provide you useful information, including reports and other information about your energy consumption, the price you are paying for that energy and tips on how to make your energy consumption more intelligent and efficient. We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information generated by your use of our Site and our Apps to learn about how you use our Site and our Offerings, including what features you like or find valuable, how we can improve the quality and usefulness of our Offerings.
Sharing of your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- With your consent;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to provide and/or support our Offerings, including without limitation our payment processor, those who you hire to install our Products and those we hire to provide payment processing, web site hosting, maintenance, analytics and security services;
- To third parties, such as social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, at your direction;
- To a buyer or successor in interest in the event that we participate in a substantial corporate transaction or reorganization, such as the sale of our business or a merger or consolidation with a third party;
- When it is necessary in our opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of our Offerings or our network, including, without limitation, any use of “Bots” or computer programs to manipulate the popularity of videos, create accounts or do anything else that violates our Terms of Service or, in our opinion, is damaging to our interests;
- To protect our rights, property and safety, including the safety of our users, employees contractors and service providers;
- To comply with any subpoena, court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our Terms of Service; and
- To defend against legal claims.
As mentioned above, we use Stripe to process any payments you make to us. We therefore share your payment information with Stripe. You can learn more about how Stripe uses your payment information by CLICKING HERE and reading the terms provided.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose your Non-Personally Identifiable Information without restriction.
Viewing Your Personally Identifiable Information
You cannot view the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected from you.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
At this time, we do not have a policy limiting our retention of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, and we may keep it indefinitely.
“DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS
We do not respond to “do not track” requests at this time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us via email by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional email messages, such as messages with information about your account, about Services you have requested or responses to your questions and/or comments.
Protection of YOUR INFORMATION
Our Security Measures
We work hard to prevent unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
Encrypted Data: We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information before sending it over the internet, whether or not it is sent through APIs.
How You Can Protect Your Security
Your Personally Identifiable Information and the other information associated with your account is password protected for your privacy and security. You can help protect against unauthorized access to your account by keeping your password secret at all times and limiting third party access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Please note that no information security practices are 100% secure or immune from circumvention. We can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will always be secure. If we learn of a security breach that jeopardizes, or may jeopardize, the security and confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) at the email address associated with your account so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of young children, and therefore we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13. No part of our Site or our Offerings are directed to persons under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR SITE, PURCHASE OR USE OUR PRODUCTS OR DOWNLOAD OR USE OUR APPS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If we discover that Personally Identifiable Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will immediately delete such information.
Third Party Services